Puttin’ On Shabbat – Shalom Rav / Blue Skies
*We invite each attendee to please bring a canned food item in support of the Houston Food Bank.*
To RSVP for Mitzvah Day, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
To RSVP for Mitzvah Day, please fill out the following form:
Experience the joy and holiness of completing a mitzvah with your community by participating in Congregation Beth Israel’s annual Mitzvah Day!
Date: Sunday, March 31st
Location: Wolff-Toomim Hall
9:30-10:00am | Breakfast & Registration
10:00-11:30am | Mitzvah Projects
This Year’s Projects:
1. AIDS Foundation Houston — Put together personal hygiene and toiletry bags for Houstonians that are homeless or suffer from HIV/AIDS
2. Citizens For Animal Protection (CAP) — Create toys for dogs and cats from old t-shirts
3. Harris County Juvenile Probation Department (HCJPD) — Organize softcover books for classrooms in the Harris County Juvenile Probation centers.
4. Jewish Family Services (JFS) — Assemble “Passover holiday bags” for Jewish families in need
5. Kids’ Meals — Make sack lunches for Houston’s hungriest preschool-aged children
6. Project Linus — Help make blankets for children in need.
7. The Shlenker BackYard — Plant native plants to support the wildlife living in Meyerland. The Shlenker BackYard is an important educational tool for The Shlenker School, the MBJLC, and the entire Beth Israel community.
8. Texas Children’s Hospital — Assemble arts and crafts bags for hospitalized children